here's the long awaited post: (there's more, if I get feedback! LOL)
church leaders, this is how to build a smaller and narrower church?
1. calling: choose a church name that is ethnic, gender, age, language, political, socio-economic specific
2. finance: make sure there are no freeloaders by taking offering in the parking lot, and make sure they pay for lunch
3. grace: tell all the sinners outside that they don't belong and the church people that God is gracious
4. ministry: keep every member busy doing all the church events, so they don't have time to make friends anywhere
5. word: creating vocabularies that is uncommon to the rest of the world, so that every word has at least 5 words in its definition
6. holy: tell your kids not to listen, watch or participate in anything that did not have the word Christian in it
7. unity: make sure there is unity in the body by segregating those that are different from you, we don't want their kind
8. peace: harmony is the most important value in your church, so kick out those that disagree with you
9. respect: make sure you respect the hierarchy, especially key leaders and their family. it's a family business
10. protect: guard the door well, because the world is a scary place, full of bad people, they're going to overtake the church
11. division: never do evaluation, Satan will use it to cause division in the church, so everything is good
12. stewardship: do not trust anyone with money. they will always spend more than you. so, control every cent
Victory over Demon
On11/15 Thursday night at 11 pm, I got a phone call…a woman in her 60s gradually losing her ability to speak and respond to stimulus, the son described her mom in a catatonic state unable to eat or speak. My first reaction was, why didn’t you call 911? The husband came on the phone and said he thinks there maybe other problems. So I drove to their house in the night.
Her eyes wide open, staring straight into space unable to interact with anyone. Brother Lin arrived at around the same time. We started our prayer. She began to describe these red eyes, two small creatures that have been tormenting her for 3 or 4 days. They even bit her right leg. She was in pain. We began to pray for deliverance and she responded violently and defiantly. I felt the spirit was going to manifest, so I requested that the family members to leave the room. That was when the evil spirit spoke. We weren’t able to exorcise the demon that night but the woman became coherent and responsive. After speaking to her a bit we left the house at around 2:30 in the morning.
Next day, 11/16 Friday, I knew we had to confront it again. This time I brought my buddy Sam to the house. Knowing her condition from earlier phone call, we went right into deliverance. The spirit was defiant and we learned that it was an unclean spirit that was attached to her past hurt and present experience, but we ran out of time, because we had to get back to church for bible study.
Saturday, I was at a meeting in LA. On my way back from the meeting I prayed for this woman and called her husband. Apparently, all along, he thought his wife was going through an emotional breakdown, but in our conversation, he said it took a couple bites on her leg. I said, what? Well, he took a look at her leg found the teeth marks and even took a picture. He was eager to show me. I told him I’d come by Sunday afternoon.
Sunday morning I was to speak in our 2nd service…the music stopped and I prayed…lost my message…what I was doing…heat came over me…I wanted to continue but I couldn’t. Something was wrong. I told the congregation to pray for each other as I ran out of the sanctuary to wash my face. What is wrong with me, I thought? Am I experiencing hypoglycemia? So I ran quickly to my office and got a snack bar. When I got back, Sam said he felt it (spiritual Warfare) and encouraged me to continue. I struggled and struggled…the Holy Spirit came…I was in tears…the Word came…almost everyone was in tears…God was breaking through.
That afternoon, after our board meeting, I went with Helen to visit the woman, brother Lin came exactly at the same time (interesting timing). We went through purification and prayed for each other before we engaged in deliverance. This time, I felt more confident in the Lord. However, after almost an hour, I was ready to give. I told brother Sam, “let’s get someone more experience to do this.” But that was when I got another surge of faith and I prayed for the woman. I felt the demon weakening inside the woman. In an instant, I commanded the spirit to leave…she collapsed on the ground...it was over.
It took another two weeks before she was completely recovered physically, emotionally and spiritually.
this mission's conference is not your ordinary conference. it's more like a revival meeting. God used this conference to remind the attendees that the Holy Spirit is an integral part of missional life. a Christian has all the anointing and power as did our Lord Jesus while he was on earth and we're to "do greater things." we also had two ex-gang member come up to the stage, one gave our plenary message and the other gave a personal testimony. God is powerfully at work in His people. every worship, every altar call was moving and transforming. even the rain (unusual for Southern California weather) on Saturday reminded us of His grace and mercy. It was good time.
© 2014 by Community Christian Center