here's the long awaited post: (there's more, if I get feedback! LOL)
church leaders, this is how to build a smaller and narrower church?
1. calling: choose a church name that is ethnic, gender, age, language, political, socio-economic specific
2. finance: make sure there are no freeloaders by taking offering in the parking lot, and make sure they pay for lunch
3. grace: tell all the sinners outside that they don't belong and the church people that God is gracious
4. ministry: keep every member busy doing all the church events, so they don't have time to make friends anywhere
5. word: creating vocabularies that is uncommon to the rest of the world, so that every word has at least 5 words in its definition
6. holy: tell your kids not to listen, watch or participate in anything that did not have the word Christian in it
7. unity: make sure there is unity in the body by segregating those that are different from you, we don't want their kind
8. peace: harmony is the most important value in your church, so kick out those that disagree with you
9. respect: make sure you respect the hierarchy, especially key leaders and their family. it's a family business
10. protect: guard the door well, because the world is a scary place, full of bad people, they're going to overtake the church
11. division: never do evaluation, Satan will use it to cause division in the church, so everything is good
12. stewardship: do not trust anyone with money. they will always spend more than you. so, control every cent
went to see it tonight. i thoroughly enjoyed it. it exposed the brutal reality of crack addiction and how dysfunctional family can become a plaque for generation after generation. but the good part is nobody has to continue living like that. you can choose to change and you can choose to beat that addiction and your vain obsession with your failed attempt at glory and become someone new. you can be a part of that healing, a part of someone else's success. before giving away too much of the plot, let me just stop right here.
i don't know how you end up reading my blog. but i want to tell you you can change, even when your experience tells you "you can't." don't believe it. God is here and He wants to love you. you can change through Him. don't let your world define who you are. let the love of Jesus bring you into wholeness. drop me a note, if you want someone to pray for you.
© 2014 by Community Christian Center